Cleaning & Care
CLEANING & CARE
Healthy teeth and gums are very important to eat well, smile well and enjoy good food. Healthy teeth
compliment your confident smile and this can be reflected in your personality. There are many dental issues that can affect
the health of our mouth but you can take good care of your teeth and gums with regular brushing and flossing. By taking proper care and following adequate cleaning measures you can prevent dental diseases, including bad breath, that may be affecting your confidence.
Cleaning & Care at Marigold Dental
Our team at Marigold Dental has the expertise and experience to deal with a large number of dental issues. We are equipped with advanced technology and equipment to help us diagnose and treat dental issues before they become worse and painful. We take pride in caring for our patient’s dental health and with regular cleanings and care, we can ensure the maintenance of healthy teeth and beautiful smiles.
Why Cleaning your Teeth is Important
Regular dental visits are important because they help in the early diagnosis of dental issues so you can
take adequate preventive measures or start treatment at an early stage.
There are 2 parts to a general dental visit:
- Regular Check-up
At a regular dental check-up your dentist will check your overall oral health for any trouble areas.
During the cleaning process the dentist or hygienist will remove any plaque or tartar build-up and polish your teeth.
We recommend our patients visit their dentist at least twice a year for a regular check-up and cleaning.
Cleaning and Care Procedures
A dental cleaning is performed by a dental professional. It is most often a 30-60 minute procedure and is very important in
keeping your teeth and gums healthy. The steps involved in a cleaning procedure include the following:
- Teeth and gum examination, the dental professional will use a small mouth mirror to check for any sign of oral problems within your mouth.
- Scaling, removes soft deposits called plaque and hard deposits called calculus (tartar) that build on the surface, near or below the gum line and in between your teeth. Calculus is removed ultrasonically and/or by hand with a tool called a scaler.
- Polishing and flossing removes stains and plaque using a hand held electric tool with a small rubber cup attached and a gritty toothpaste called prophylaxis paste.
- Fluoride treatment, a fluoride varnish, gel or rinse is applied to the teeth to help in the remineralization of the enamel for stronger enamel health. This helps in the prevention of tooth decay and is especially recommended for those that are cavity prone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Generally a patient doesn’t feel pain during this procedure. However there may be some minor discomfort with
dental issues such as:
- Dental sensitivity
- Long time between cleaning
- Tooth decay
- Jaw pain due to temporomandibular disorders
It is recommended to visit a dentist twice a year for a check up and cleaning.
It generally takes 30-60 minutes for a check up and cleaning
Dr. Kiran Sandhu prides herself in providing gentle and stress free dental care. Her practice philosophy is to listen to her patients and to provide the highest quality treatment and care in a comfortable environment. She is passionate about Dentistry, with her compassionate nature she makes the dental experience a pleasant one.
Recognizing that Dentistry is a dynamic profession, Dr. Sandhu takes pride in remaining current by regularly attending CDE workshops on the latest technology, products and techniques. He is a member of Canadian Dental Association (CDA), British Columbia Dental Association (BCDA) and College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC).
Why Our Patients Choose Us?
We are a rare combination of individualism, commitment, perfection and precision all with composure and compassion for you.
Our mission is to deliver you the best in precision dentistry in a comfortable and caring environment.
Schedule a Consultation
You are special and We care about you!
We welcome you to our Applauded Dental Practice.