Cosmetic dentistry is an important part of dentistry that can improve the appearance of your teeth, gums and smile. It basically deals with improving dental aesthetics like color, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance. Cosmetic dentisty can include a simple brightening of an already beatiful smile to a complete smile makeover.
Cosmetic Dentistry at Marigold Dental
Marigold Dental can provide a smile makeover to help your smile look beautiful through one or more dental procedures. We have a well equipped dental clinic with an experienced team to help you gain a beautiful, confident smile at an affordable price. Our team at Marigold Dental will work with you to develop the perfect treatment plan for your smile.
»Some believe cosmetic dentistry is not a valuable treatment. However, they may not be considering every aspect of the term “health.” Root canals and fillings will treat infection but overall health is not just absence of infection.
»We’re not saying cosmetic dentistry is a cure for health problems, but for some who are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth or gums they may feel it’s affecting their self esteem. Cosmetic dentistry can help, as feeling good about yourself is an important part of overall health.
Cosmetic dentistry can be about how you want to feel about yourself.
7 Procedures of Cosmetic Dentistry:
Not all procedures are suitable for everyone. Our dental experts at Marigold Dental will plan the best treatment to enhance your smile.
- Cosmetic Teeth Whitening (teeth bleaching): This procedure can whiten and brighten your discolored or
stained teeth. It can be done in the dental office or at home. Not everyone’s teeth can be bleached, so it is very important to check with your dentist first.
- Cosmetic Dental Veneers: Veneers are a thin shell made out of porcelain or composite material. They are custommade and cemented to the front side of the tooth.
A veneer can be used to treat dental conditions such as a discolored teeth, slightly crooked tooth, chipped teeth or close spaces between teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Implants: A dental implant is a metal device designed to replace missing teeth. The device isusually made of titanium and surgically placed in the jawbone where the tooth is missing. A dentaimplant is designed to act as the tooth root and can anchor artificial teeth such as a crown, bridge or denture.
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns: Crowns, also referred to as caps, are custom made to fit over your whole tooth after the dentist has prepared it. They are usually made of zirconia, porcelain that has been fused to metal or gold and withstand biting pressure. Crowns can be used in cosmetic dentistry to treat teeth that are poorly shaped, badly decayed, broken, chipped, have had large fillings or to close spaces between teeth.
- Cosmetic Teeth Shaping: Also referred to as “enamel shaping,” the dentist can reshape the tooth by shaving or removing a small portion of the enamel. This process is usually not painful and can produce immediate effects.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding: Bonding is the process in which tooth coloured materials are adhered (bonded) tothe tooth. This is a procedure that can be used to repair or improve the appearance of a tooth that has been badly stained, broken, or chipped.
- Cosmetic Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontics are not just for kids. More and more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment from for cosmetic purposes. If you have buck teeth or crooked teeth, ask your dentist if orthodontics can help you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Typically, cosmetic dentistry involves: The addition of a dental material to teeth or gums – bonding, porcelain veneers (laminates), crowns (caps), gum grafts.
As cosmetic dentistry involves many procedures and not all are suitable for everyone, to know the right procedure for you and it’s cost, it’s best to visit the dentist to help you decide the right procedure that fits your budget.
Yes, cosmetic dentistry is a safe and sure way to improve dental aesthetics. However, not all treatments are for everyone so a consult with your dentist to determine suitability is always recommended.
Dr. Kiran Sandhu prides herself in providing gentle and stress free dental care. Her practice philosophy is to listen to her patients and to provide the highest quality treatment and care in a comfortable environment. She is passionate about Dentistry, with her compassionate nature she makes the dental experience a pleasant one.
Recognizing that Dentistry is a dynamic profession, Dr. Sandhu takes pride in remaining current by regularly attending CDE workshops on the latest technology, products and techniques. He is a member of Canadian Dental Association (CDA), British Columbia Dental Association (BCDA) and College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC).
Why Our Patients Choose Us?
We are a rare combination of individualism, commitment, perfection and precision all with composure and compassion for you.
Our mission is to deliver top notch dentistry in a comfortable and caring environment
Schedule a Consultation
You are special and We care about you!
We welcome you to our Applauded Dental Practice.