Cosmetic dentistry offers more than just improvements to the appearance of your smile. While it often focuses on dental aesthetics such as shade, shape and alignment, cosmetic dentistry can also restore function to your teeth for a healthier bite. Whatever your needs are, cosmetic dentistry can include a simple brightening of an already beautiful smile to a complete smile makeover.
Cosmetic Dentistry at Marigold Dental
At Marigold Dental we are very passionate about helping our patients feel superb about their smile. A smile can be transformed with one procedure or treated with several procedures. At Marigold Dental we have the experience and expertise to work with you to develop the perfect treatment plan for your specific needs. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.
Is It Necessary?
Some believe cosmetic dentistry is not really necessary. However, oral health does include a healthy-looking smile. There are also those that are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth and gums and often feel it affects their self esteem. Cosmetic dentistry can restore function to your teeth for a healthy bite and improve the appearance of your teeth and gums for a healthy-looking smile. Gaining the ability to smile confidently will help you feel better overall.
7 Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures:
Not all procedures are suitable for everyone. At Marigold Dental our dental professionals will help you plan the best treatment for your needs to enhance your smile.
- Teeth Whitening (teeth bleaching): This procedure can whiten and brighten discoloured or stained teeth. It can be done in the dental office or at home and not everyone’s teeth can be bleached, so it is very important to check with your dentist first.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are a thin shell made out of porcelain or composite material. They are custom made and cemented to the front side of the tooth.
A veneer can be used to treat dental conditions such as discoloured teeth, slightly crooked teeth, chipped teeth and can even be used to close spaces between teeth.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is a screw like device designed to replace missing teeth. The device is usually made of titanium and is surgically placed in the jawbone where a tooth is missing. A dental implant is designed to act as the root of a tooth and is used to support artificial teeth such as crowns, bridges or dentures.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns, also referred to as caps, are custom made to fit over teeth that have been prepared for a crown. They are usually made of zirconia, porcelain that has been fused to metal or gold to withstand the force of biting. They are used in cosmetic dentistry to treat teeth that are oddly shaped, badly decayed, broken, chipped, have large fillings or to close spaces between teeth.
- Teeth Shaping: Also referred to as “enamel shaping”, is used to reshape a tooth by shaving or removing a small portion of the enamel. This process does not require anesthetic and can produce immediate effects.
- Tooth Bonding: Bonding is the process in which tooth coloured materials are adhered (bonded) to the tooth. This procedure can be used to repair or improve the appearance of a tooth that has been badly stained, broken, or chipped.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontics are not just for kids. More and more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment for cosmetic as well as functional purposes. Ask your dentist if orthodontics can help you. Invisalign is the preferred no hassle, “invisable” choice for most, with amazing results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Typically, cosmetic dentistry involves the addition of a dental material to teeth or gums – bonding, porcelain veneers (laminates), crowns (caps), gum grafts and straigtening teeth
As cosmetic dentistry involves many procedures and not all are suitable for everyone, to know the right procedure for you and it’s cost, it’s best to visit our office to help you decide the right procedure that fits your budget.
Yes, cosmetic dentistry is a safe and sure way to improve dental aesthetics. However, not all treatments are for everyone so a consult with Dr.Sandhu will help determine suitability for any cosmetic dentistry.