Root Canal Treatment
Root Canal treatment falls under the branch of dentistry known as Endodontics that treats the nerve or inner sensitive portion of tooth. Root canal treatment is required when the pulp inside the tooth containing the blood vessels and nerves, gets infected or inflamed. This damage can occur due to decay, trauma or gum diseases. Getting a root canal is very easy and extremely effective. You’ll be back to smiling, biting, and chewing with in no time.
Root Canal Treatment at Marigold Dental
At Marigold Dental our highly skilled team has helped numerous patients overcome their fears and poor dental health by attending to and reducing urgent painful situations. At Marigold Dental, our team will discuss the Root Canal treatment with you as part of your personal treatment plan. You will be greeted by friendly, knowledgeable dental professionals who can guide you through the treatment to ensure you know all you need to about Root Canal treatments.
Root Canal Treatment Procedures:
- Tooth evaluation: This is the first step in which your dentist evaluates your tooth with help of a dental x-ray. By doing so he can have a look under the surface of your tooth to access the bone and structure of the root.
- Local anesthetic: After numbing your tooth with a local anesthetic, a special cover called dental dam is placed over your tooth to protect airway and saliva contamination during treatment. The nerve is then exposed with the help of a special drill, and is an entirely painless procedure.
- Root Cleansing: After exposing the infected nerve, it is removed, the canals in your roots are then cleansed and shaped so that an ideal filling material for the root can be placed.
- Temporary filling: After the cleansing process is done, the tooth cavity will be filled with a temporary filling until the root canal process is completed. Often root canal treatments can be completed in one visit but on occasion two visits are necessary.
- Root Filling: This is the final step of the Root Canal Treatment in which the dentist will fill the root canals with some special root filling material. To further protect the tooth from fracture or materials that may break the tooth it is always highly recommended to have a crown placed following a root canal treatment. Teeth become brittle over time especially following a root canal treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
A root canal treatment sounds painful, but with latest advanced technologies here at Marigold Dental you will get a root canal treatment with little or no pain at all. It is a simple process just like a deep filling. The dentist will use anesthesia to make your tooth and gums numb so you are comfortable during the entire process.
A root canal treatment can take anywhere between 90 minutes to 3 hrs to be completed. Often the whole procedure can be done in one visit but some patients will require two appointments to complete the process.
A root canal treatment is considered to be a serious procedure and will need to be performed with the ultimate in care as there is no room for errors in this treatment. However, you need not worry about the treatment as the team at Marigold Dental have extensive experience in successfully treating many patients.
If you have any of the following symptoms, have it diagnosed at the earliest as you may need a root canal treatment. If the pain or discomfort subsides it does not always indicate the problem is gone. Often the infection spreads and causes further damage.
- Severe tooth ache while eating or putting pressure on an area.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food and drinks.
- A small pimple-like bump in gums near the area of tooth ache.
- Tenderness or swelling in gums.
Dr. Kiran Sandhu prides herself in providing gentle and stress free dental care. Her practice philosophy is to listen to her patients and to provide the highest quality treatment and care in a comfortable environment. She is passionate about Dentistry, with her compassionate nature she makes the dental experience a pleasant one.
Recognizing that Dentistry is a dynamic profession, Dr. Sandhu takes pride in remaining current by regularly attending CDE workshops on the latest technology, products and techniques. He is a member of Canadian Dental Association (CDA), British Columbia Dental Association (BCDA) and College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC).
Why Our Patients Choose Us?
We are a rare combination of individualism, commitment, perfection, precision, composure and compassion.
Schedule a Consultation
You are special and We care for you!
We welcome you to our Internationally Applauded Dental Practice.